Monday, March 29, 2010

Podcasts: I WANT IT FREE!

Well like many of you educators, I like the word FREE! When it comes to podcasting in my classroom, I have experimented with a couple. Gabcast.com is no longer free (as of March 2009) but while in the quandry to find a new podcast tool, I kept using it because I can sometimes be like everyone else and find myself resistant to change.   Don't get me wrong, I think Gabcast is great and if it were free I would keep using it and I can DEFINITELY understand the need to charge in today's day and time, however my pockets are empty and I must do what I can! So, finally I went out and began the search!

Here are the ideas I came across:

TALKSHOE.com : This is a free podcast site which allows for GROUP podcasting or Community Calls.  You can schedule your calls in advance.  These hosted Community Calls can be discussions, conversations, talk shows and podcasts. For Bloggers and Podcasters: with TalkShoe, you can better connect with your podcasting and blogging audience. You create, schedule and run a live show, and you’re in control. You can do it live with others, or upload existing podcast episodes. When you’re finished recording, your show is then listed on TalkShoe, and can be listed on your blog, iTunes, and other podcast directories.

PODBEAN.com: This website offers a basic podcasting service for free. You must be able to upload your own file (audacity has an older version that is free to download for their website) in order to publish on Podbean.com

No comments:

Post a Comment